- Portland (503) 384-9100
- Seattle (206) 652-4200
Painting your home is a major investment, and a major decision. It is important to us that you make the color choice that is right for you and will also add the most value to the appearance of your home. Choosing a color you will love isn’t always easy, but we will do our best to share our knowledge and experience with you as we work together to make the right choice.
We encourage you to drive through your own neighborhood or one that has houses similar in style to yours. This can usually provide an idea of what may or may not look good on your home. Here are some things we keep in mind when assisting our clients with paint color selection:
- Different architectural styles demand different colors. Think of a white or yellow colonial with dark green or black shutters, a tan and brown Tudor, a Cape with weathered grey shingles, or a multi colored craftsman. These styles and color combinations come to mind easily might serve as a starting point for your vision.
- Dark colors can make a big house seem smaller, and have the tendency to fade more easily.
- Light colors tend to make a house look larger, but are easily washed out.
- The style and color of your roof is important, as is the type of windows you may have. We also consider the type of landscaping surrounding your home.
- It is not possible to select an exterior color from a paint chip alone. We will test colors by painting swatches on your home.